Welcome to Leadership Augusta
Leadership Augusta is a professional development program started more than 30 years ago with the goal of identifying and educating current and potential community leaders in the CSRA.
Leadership Augusta is a ten-month training program affiliated with the Augusta Metro Chamber of Commerce where more than 900 citizens of all ages, professions and educational backgrounds have had the opportunity each month to meet, learn and train to be informed leaders in the community.
Leadership Augusta's mission is to encourage, develop, and provide community leadership in order to enhance the quality of life and make metro Augusta a premier community. We encourage you to learn more about the programs that we offer, including the newly revived Youth Leadership Program.
- To identify and educate potential, emerging, and existing community leaders.
- To promote networking among the membership.
- To identify community needs and to promote and facilitate community projects.
- To provide a resource pool for the benefit of the community.
In addition to gaining an awareness and understanding of the issues and challenges facing the region, participants in Leadership Augusta can:
- Refine their personal and public leadership style and skills
- Develop diverse contacts and an excellent communication network
- Receive recognition for themselves and their organization for their voluntary civic activities
- Access better opportunities for taking an active role in addressing community needs